- To assist the Secretary in implementation/enforcement of the H.P.Agricultural and Horticulture Produce Marketing (Development and Regulation) Act, 2005.
To assist the Secretary of the APMC in running the various day to day activities of the Market Committee smoothly.
- To conduct inspections of various Check Posts and barriers under the APMC to ensure that market fee is properly and duly realized as per the provisions of the Act.
To exercise supervisory checks over the functioning of the market Supervisor/Auction Recorders/Assistant Auction Recorders and ensure proper management of the markets and to report the contravention of the Act,Rules and Byelaws to the Secretary.
- To exercise supervisory check over the transaction of Agricultural Produce of the Traders in the Principal market yard, Sub Market yard and other market area.
- Accounts checking of dealers whenever required.
To check the Annual return of sale and purchase and to maintain the trader wise record & to report the infringement, if any.
- To ensure the proper implementation of the provision of the Act, Rules and Bye Laws and ensure all the forms as per the Rules.
- To ensure proper collection, compilation, uploading & dissemination of all market information on prices, arrivals, dispatch, import and export etc.
To collect Market Fee under proper receipt from all the traders in the Markets/ notified market area of the APMC.
Any other duties which may be assigned by the authorities from time to time.